So as many of you might know I’m finally back home in Cape Town, South Africa after visiting my original home Toronto, Canada for the holidays. Since I’ve been back I’ve been fighting off some serious jet-lag and catching up with all the things in my life that have been back logged while I was on vacation … But now that I’m back and finally all caught up I will be back to my regular blogging routines! Besides having an amazing time reconnecting with my friends and family while I was in Canada, I also had an amazing time shopping for all the goodies that I can’t get here in South Africa! … Of course this included emptying a good portion of my wallet at Sephora (since it’s not available in South Africa) and plumping up my cosmetic bag! I have already started using most of these products and I am loving most of them! … Here’s a list of the products that I got … And of course full reviews for them will be coming soon!
1) Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial: Although this is labelled as a ‘sleeping facial’, it is actually a night cream that contains 95% natural content and uses Wild Rose, vitamin C and antioxidants to brighten, fight signs of aging and hydrate the skin … I’ve been using it for a couple of weeks and so far I have seen some improvements on my skin! … I will do a full review for it here once I’ve used it long enough to give you guys a detailed review on it.
2) Sephora Daily Makeup Brush Cleaner: I bought this because as much as I know how important it is to keep your makeup brushes clean, I am way too often way too lazy to bother … horrible … I know! I love the fact that this product makes cleaning your brushes so quick and easy … You just give the bristles a couple of sprays and wipe it off with a lint free brush. My brushes are so much cleaner since I’ve been using this!
3) Sephora Smoke Machine Smokey Eye Brush Set: How pretty is the travel case that it comes in! I love that all the basic brushes needed to complete almost any eye makeup look are included in this set! A lot of my eye makeup brushes are getting old and I’ve also lost quite a few so this is a great way to refresh my collection. It also comes with a Sephora Collection Full Action Mascara and instructions on how to do the ‘perfect smokey eye’. Full reviews on the brush set and the mascara will be coming soon!
4) Clinique All About Eyes, Eye Cream: I think this is available in South Africa, but since I wanted to pick the best eye cream for me (generally one that is good for dry skin, dark circles, and fine line prevention), I preferred to shop for it at Sephora where I was able to compare it to all brands as opposed to a department store where I have to go from counter to counter to decide which one is best for me. After doing so, this is the one that seemed to be the best for my needs .
5) Dior Hydra Life BB Cream: This is one of my favourite purchases! I was previously using Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream, which I love … but I wanted to try a BB cream that is tailored more to dry skin. This definitely keeps my skin nicely hydrated! A full review for this is definitely coming up soon!
6) Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb: I just absolutely LOVE the smell of this perfume! … It has a rich floral scent which I’m usually not into but somehow this one really pleases my ‘scent senses’. I find it to be a perfect evening scent. I also love that Sephora had it available in this roller ball tube as they do many other perfumes, because 1) It automatically makes the scent more affordable ($30/270R), 2) It gives you the opportunity to try out the scent before going ahead and purchasing a full bottle, 3) I often get bored of my perfumes before I am even close to finishing the bottle and end up with too many unfinished bottles so having roller tubes like this allows me to purchase more with less waste and more space, and 4) I can easily throw it into my makeup bag to reapply throughout the day!
7) Rosebud Salve: This is a long time favourite of mine … it just keeps my lips so nice and soft! I actually never realized how much I missed it until I moved away to countries where it was not available and so I just had to bring one back home with me!
8) Urban Decay Mariposa Palette: This is another one of my absolute favourite purchases! I really wanted a palette that had a combination of neutral and fun shades and this palette has just that! I am loving it and will definitely be doing a full review for it soon! … Along with many makeup tutorials using it!
9) BITE size discovery set of 5 Luminous Creme Lipsticks: I absolutely am in LOVE with these! In this one little tin there are five shades of mini lipsticks (that are actually not too ‘mini’) and are made with all natural ingredients that are moisturizing and are good enough to eat! (according to the description!). I will definitely be doing a full review on these soon too!
(Oops … I forgot to include this in my picture above!)
10) Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes!: And another one of my favourite purchases! I love it so much, I can’t believe I forgot to add it to the main picture! If you read my review for my Too Faced Lashghasm Mascara you would know that since I wear mascara pretty much everyday, I prefer to have one that conditions while it enhances … The Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! (The exclamation mark is actually included in its name!) does just that by containing a bunch of moisture rich natural ingredients! … again my full review on this product will be coming up soon.
I also got some cool gifts from Sephora for spending lots of money at their store, including a mini Benefit They’re Real mascara, a mini Whatt’s Up highlighter stick, and some Sephora brand products so I’ll probably be doing reviews for them as well!
Let me know if you specifically want to see the review(s) for any of these products and I will put it on the top of my list
Stay tuned for all the reviews coming up!!
Hope you guys like this post!
For more beauty tips, trends and inspiration delivered straight to your inbox, subscribe to my email list by typing your email address into the subscription box at the top right hand corner of this page.